Subject: Re: Something weird is going on...
From: Tim Krego <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:34:51 -0700

At 11:43 AM 4/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>But the main reason not to use a switch, is because the dongle is supposed
to >be a pass-thru device, and Newtek says it should work. No place in the
>documentation is there a warning that some products might be incompatible
>with the dongle, nor is there a trouble-shooting section that addresses
that >problem.

I don't know why people are having problems with the LW dongle. The dongle
is made by Rainbow. Autodesk uses the same dongles for AutoCad and 3DS. 

I've had 3 Rainbow dongles, 2 Activator dongles, and another dongle for
Liquid Speed daisy chained off my lpt1: port with a HP 4MP printer at the
end of the chain without problems.

That leads me to believe it isn't a dongle problem but problems with the
parallel ports on some machines. I've never heard of a 3DS user with a blown
dongle so I am suprised to hear that LW users have to send dongles back to
NewTek. This isn't a jab at NewTek, since they both use Sentinels, but it is
odd.

I have heard of both LW and 3DS users having problems with the passthru not
working on some systems. I've only seen LW users with dongles that break.